Welcome to the Curriculum and Instruction Department!
Our passion is to support our schools and educators in providing high levels of engaging learning for all students. In Curriculum and Instruction, our role is to coordinate and lead implementation and evaluation of curriculum programs in the district. We sponsor strong distributed leadership practices in a Professional Learning Communities model. We also provide professional development for our staff to support continuous improvement of instructional strategies and learning for our students.
We work to support the WCSD Vision of Teaching and Learning outlined below:
In order to ensure our commitment to children, the Waunakee Community School District establishes a learning environment that is challenging and attentive to the diverse learning needs of all students. To attain this vision:
- Learning environments will be safe, inclusive, engaging, and inspire students to take initiative for their learning.
- Teaching, learning, and assessment will be student centered and meet individual academic and social-emotional differences and needs.
- Teaching and assessment will reflect evidence-based best practices to achieve high expectations of learning for all.
- Consistent formative and summative assessment practices will provide timely and meaningful feedback to teachers, students, and parents to guide teaching and support learning for all.
- Professional learning community structures and adaptive schools practices will be used to provide equity, access, and growth for all students.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of service to you.
Director of Elementary Curriculum & Instruction
Director of Secondary Curriculum & Instruction
- Contact Curriculum & Instruction
- Academic Standards
- Testing & Assessment
- About Pathways
- Wisconsin Informational Guidebook on Dyslexia and Related Conditions